The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have 2008 G.E. over the range micro-wave that just quit working

I have 2008 G.E. over the range micro-wave that just quit working ,I have checked power supply and it is fine,but icro-wave is not getting power,vent fan was acting like it had ashort before it quit all together
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
Please confirm the model number. It is not showing as a good number in my databases.
Thank you.

Customer:

JVM1730DM1WW

The Home Smithy :

Thank you. Looking this up for you now.

Customer:

WEll iam waiting

Customer:

Iam still waiting for a answer I will stop payment,I am not satisfied

The Home Smithy :

Ok. what has probably happened is the fan motor shorted out and blew the fuse on the power inlet PCB. To get to the fuse you will have to remove the unit and take off the main cover. It is held on by screws along the base of the cover. The PCB is located where the power cord comes into the unit. the fuse is soldered onto the PCB. Soldering skills will be required to do this repair. You can get the fuse at any Radio Shack store.

The Home Smithy :

You can order the new blower motor by clicking here. It is held on by a few screws. Once you get the unit out the fan will be obvious on top of the unit.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.