Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My upright freezer is making a noise from the middle that sounds

like the evaporator fan motor...
My upright freezer is making a noise from the middle that sounds like the evaporator fan motor is going out.
Whirlpool model#EV171NYMS04 LO
I am pretty handy at fixing things, but want to know if replacing the motor would be to difficult.
It looks like an easy repair from the parts list.
Thank you,
Melvin
4/1/2011
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

THis is a very easy repair, takes all of 20 minutes to do., you are correct about it being the fan motor going bad, this happens quite often on these models.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Should I order and replace the fan blade also?
That would not be a bad idea, the fan blade is very inexpensive.

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician