Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

Whirlpool Refrig Model # XXXXX KEEP FINDING WATER

Whirlpool Refrig Model # XXXXX

KEEP FINDING WATER POOLING IN THE AREA BELOW THE CRISPER DRAWERS. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? WATER NEEDS TO BE SOPPED UP EVERY DAY OR SO OR IT SPILLS OUT ONTO THE FLOOR.

Hello.

The drain hole is behind the panel you removed in the metal pan numbered 7 in the pic below:

Right below that hole in the pan is the hole for the drain. The drain usually runs down from the freezer into the area labeled number 24 in the picture below. You may have to remove it to clean the drain out there. Make sure you stick something down into the hole and confirm that it is clear.

I hope this information helps you find your problem. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

IS THAT PART #24 REMOVED BY REMOVING SCREWS OR IS IT SOMEHOW SNAPPED IN? ALSO DOES THAT PAN # XXXXX HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO THE DRAIN HOLE. ALSO, WHAT IS THE PART NUMBER OF THE DRAIN TUBE? THANK YOU.

SORRY, I WAS HELPING A FRIEND AT HIS HOUSE SO I DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO LOOK AT IT RIGHT NOW.

You don't have to remove the pan. You can use a blow dryer on it to help it defrost if frozen. Number 24 may be attached to the pieces in front of it and they are screwed on. The drain tube is not numbered because it runs in the cavity off the back wall. You can access the bottom of the tube down by the compressor and blow air through it to help clear it out if you can't locate the clog any other way.