Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi i have a jenn air convection oven with a gas top - i was

Customer Question

hi i have a jenn air convection oven with a gas top - i was broiling and then it stopped - so when i went to turn it back on it said "feature not available" and this happened for bake, broil, convect, everything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This happens from the hat in the oven. Often times if the door is left open too long the control panel will overheat. Sometimes this will happen for no reason at all. Try to just unplug the unit for for 5 or 6 hours and let the oven just cool down. Often times, the unit will start working like normal after it has cooled down. If not, then unfortunately the display control board has just shorted out and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's somewhat built in, can't find a plug. Can it cool without unplugging? It's a gas top but I guess must run the oven on electric?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
It will cool on it's own, but it will not reset without unplugging it. You'll need to find the plug or turn the circuit breaker off to the oven once the oven has cool down for 5 minutes to see if it resets.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cut the circuit breaker, kept it off for 5 minutes. Do I need to wait 5 hours before turning it on?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
You can try it now but it all depends if the oven is cool or not. If it's not cool, then you need to wait 5 hours.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's working now thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
awesome, you have a good day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You too
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok