How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a roper refirgerator that at times drips water from

This answer was rated:

I have a roper refirgerator that at times drips water from the freezer section into the shelves, drawers and door. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


Yes there is something you can do to prevent this, but first I would need the model number can you get that for me? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I find that info?
If you look inside the refrigerator section either on the ceiling or one of the side walls this should be a tag with the model number on it, if it's not there check behind the grill on the bottom under the door,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok it is RT18BMXXL00
Super okay, what you have in your refrigerator or I should say freezer section is a clog defrost drain, when this goes into defrost it melts the Frost on the evaporator coils behind the panel inside the freezer in the backgraphicso what you need to do is remove the back panel number 24 on this diagram and under the coils you will see a sheet of ice, in the center under that is there is a drain hole, it is frozen, you need to get the ice out, boil some water and pour it over the ice until it all melts and the water drains down the hole freely, once this is done in the water is draining your problem will be solved, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have one more question. This is inside the freezer not on the back right?
Inside the freezer that's correct, if you have a nice big you will need to remove that to get the panel out, sorry I thought you realized it was inside, well wishes and thanks, Bryan