Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

HELLO, I have a GE triton XL dishwasher, about 5 yrs. old

Customer Question

HELLO,
I have a GE triton XL dishwasher, about 5 yrs. old The dishes on the top rack do not get clean. The glasses have grainy, crumby-like particles stuck inside. It happens more times than not, but sometimes they do get clean. Any suggestions??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # XXXXX inside on the side wall?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
do you think you can get us the model # ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

The model # XXXXX XXXXX

Thanks!

Karen

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you tell me how much water is in the bottom of the dish washer after this fills in the begining of the cycle? just start it and let it fill then open the door and tell me in inches. is it up to or above the heater?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is about 1 inch of water
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay you not getting enough water, the most common reason for this is the fill valve isn't opening fully so it doesn't let enough water in in the allotted time, this is a timed fill cycle so if the valve slowly opening halfway it doesn't let enough water in before the time runs out on the fill, this is pretty common, here is the valve, if you remove the access panel under the door this will be on the right side I believe on yours, you can order this at this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/785330?modelNumber=GSD6200G00CC this will take care your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much Bryan!! I do appreciate your help and will gladly click the green button. have a great weekend!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much, well wishes and have a great weekend yourself, thanks again, Bryan