Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to repair a wolf gas stove ignitor

Customer Question

How to repair a wolf gas stove ignitor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you don't hear any clicking or anything when you try to turn one of your burners on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the clicking takes place on all burners when one is turned on including the one with the problem ignitor. The problem is when you turn that particular burner on the ignitor then does not click. It only clicks when your turn another burner on.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok that means that your spark switch below that knob (below the top cooktop) has failed and will need to be replaced. It's not ever telling the spark module to spark. Order and replace the switch below that knob called the "spark switch" and you'll be good to go again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when you refer to the "knob" you mean the spark switch itself? Is that something I can do?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when you refer to the knob is that the spark switch? Is that something I can do?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
the knob is the part that you turn to turn the burner on. The switch is below the surface of the cooktop. If you're handy you can remove all the knobs and all the burner grates, and all the burner caps. Then remove the screws holding in the burner bases and pull the entire top panel up and off the gas cooktop. Now you have access to replace the spark switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great. Thanks so much.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
no problem and good luck.