Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Fisher & Paykel eco-smart GWL15/IWL16 washing machine will

Customer Question
not power on. Electric...
Fisher & Paykel eco-smart GWL15/IWL16 washing machine will not power on. Electric outlet that the washing machine is plug into is receiving current. Prior to problem the washing machine rinse light was flashing and the machine was beeping. The washer would not complete the cycle. No water in the tub but soap suds were still present.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2011
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 6 years ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi, if you have power to the washer but it will not power up, the main control board is bad. You also want to check he pump to see if the pump is leaking or blocked up, or if the fill valves leaked into the control board area.
Unplug the washer and remove the screws on the back of the control panel. Open the lid and lift it straight up and off. Flip the control panel forward. Look for water in the control board area.
The control panel board area is dry. Pump appears to be unobstructed.
Unplug for five min and plug back in. See if board reboots.
Will not reboot.
Look for any signs of water leak around the pump or on the floor under the pump.
There was a small amount of water on the tile under the machine when I moved it out this afternoon. I woud estimate it to be approximately no more than 1/4 cup of water. I could not determine where it came from. The washing machine stopped working Sunday.
Replace the pump and the board. The new board should come with a fuse and directions on how to install and program. The fuse will stop the board from being shorted out again.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service