Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a whirlpool quiet partner II ..will wash for a few minutes

Customer Question
and then the normal light...
i have a whirlpool quiet partner II ..will wash for a few minutes and then the normal light starts rapidly flashing and will not allow me to do anything else..control panel and key pad as already been replaced as well as the thermal fuse..what else could be causing this problem
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2011
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
Does this happen in all the cycles?
only goes thru one cycle and then stops and normal light flashes rapidly..have had this problem before and whirlpool replaced the control panel while it was under waranty..now it is doing it again and dont know why since the panel is not but 2 yrs old

Where these warrenty parts that were installed?

yes at the time
also now it has locked us out and will not do anything but drain and flash on the normal cycle button..tried unplugging it and tried to run a dio..but it want let us do it
It wont take your commands?
no it want let us do anything but drain and then normal light starts flashing rapidly again

Try this and tell me what happens.

hold the "No Heat Dry" button for 4 seconds or more.

do you mean the heated dry button
dont have a No heat dry button on mine but held the heated dry button and nothing changed or happened..normal light still flashing rapidly.

Ok then this means that you have a stuck button on the keypad which in this case is the normal. Did they give you a warrenty on the parts at all?

no they didnt and it was working when it happened so how did it get stuck

Thats to bad. Also i want you to know that when they use warrenty parts the parts are not bran-new they are repaired for whatever reason and then sent back out. You will have to get a bran-new one im sorry to say.

What you could try is to take a look at the ribbon cable and clean the ends on it then re-install it and see what happens. Give it a shot.

william, Home Appliance Technician
william, Home Appliance Technician