How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22588
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Maytag over the stove microwave/venthood #mmv5165aab.

Resolved Question:

I have a Maytag over the stove microwave/venthood #mmv5165aab. This was in place when i recently moved into my house. Now it is venting into the house rather than to the outside and it does not work well. I am going to change the venting to the outside. Do you have some instructions on how to correctly make that change? Also, is there a kit to make the change and does that kit include a damper of some kind? Do i need a damper?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using You will need to order the damper & adapter, numbers 10 and 11 in the picture. Part numbers are 53001387 and 815092, available from The instructions are below and everything else you will need will need to be fabricated with supplies from your hardware store. Be sure to keep the bends to a minimum and the piping as short as possible.



Installation Instructions



Customer: replied 6 years ago.


I could not get the download. Please send again.


Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.
It is a link to the manual for installation...I just tested the link and it works fine. Do you have a popup blocker on perhaps? Hold the CTRL key when you click on it.
Kelly and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you