John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The matag dishwasher will not start. I have checked the door

Customer Question

The matag dishwasher will not start. I have checked the door and it seems to be closing properly. The start button is not lighting up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Hi I'm John I will help you with the problem.

So no lights coming on in the console at all is that correct, some of those have a thermal fuse , send me the model number i will look if your model has .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi John, The matag model number: not sure which one it is. I have found the following numbers... mdc4650aww3 and another number ny3116070
There are lights coming on in the console but not the "normal" setting ...all the other settings the light comes except "rinse only" The "start/cancel" button does not light up.

Hoper this helps. It is my sons and I think I have broken it. Help!!!!!
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/PartDetail.aspx?Inventory=2004008&SourceCode=1

If some of the lights come on and its just dead that would have to be the control board .

Its an easy part to replace so you can replace this yourself just unplug the d/w before you replace the part.

Sears also has the part if you want to order from them.

if you require more assistance let me know please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi John, Wonder if you could tell me how to get to the control board ...where is it?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

View Full Image

This is the console the screws on the inside door panel have to be removed to be able to remove the outside panel then the console will be free to come off.Unplug the d/w before you do this please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am on the sears website and can only find part no. 6-920396 it says it is a control panel for a matag for the model no.mdc4650aww3. Would this be the control panel I need?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

View Full Image

Its the number two in the breakdown and its part number W10218832 they don't have a price and this is from Sears site.