Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The control knob doesnt ignite on of the burners on my 30#

Customer Question
The control knob doesn't ignite...
The control knob doesn't ignite on of the burners on my 30# XXXXX Cook top when depressed. The others are somewhat unreliable as well. Seems I have to press harder to ignite now that when it was new. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2011
Appliance Technician: Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

Most of these have a spark switch that is pressed when you press down. Most likely that is getting less sensitive or needs replacing. If you want to post your model number I would be better able to help with a definite answer. Thanks!

Brandon

The unit is actually a Whirlpool but not sure on model #. This is what I found under the control knob panel:

BSIPN 7021H0005C

MPN 7513488-60
mfg date 02/06

Does that tell you anything?

The model number should be on the bottom of the unit on a tag that says model/serial number. This is a united states model correct? If your in another country I may have to refer you out to another expert. Thanks!

Brandon

Repairman1981
Repairman1981