Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

amana dyrer model#lea60aw. Dryer timer control continues to

amana dyrer model#lea60aw. Dryer timer control continues to time after shutting off at the and of the cycle. I take the clothes out and shut the door and the timer takes off on the next cycle, only the timer, not the dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the timer doesn't stop, that means that the contact on the timer itself is just stuck and unfortunately the timer will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the timer that you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
upon installing the new timer I found an orange wire from the timer that goes to the fabric slector switch was burnt and the terminal on the timer was loose. I put a new end on the burnt wire, finished instaling the new timer and the dryer does exactly the same thing. New fabric selctor switch?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
the fabric selector switch wouldn't cause that problem. I think it's time to call a technician out and look the unit over because there shouldn't be anything that would cause the timer to continue advancing but not turn the motor on except the timer itself.