How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S.E.Thomas Your Own Question
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 787
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
S.E.Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Jenn-Air cooktop that has a down draft type vent.

Resolved Question:

I have a Jenn-Air cooktop that has a down draft type vent. It is vented to the crawl space and dose not appear to have a pipe venting it to the outside. It lets cold air into the kitchen...lots of it! what should we do to stop this. Should it have a damper or something to stop the air flow when not in use?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.
hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. You need to go to your local hardware store and purchase a 6" vent cap. There are a few different types of these available. they will all have a louver of some sort that will close to keep the air from coming back in while the unit is not being used.
S.E.Thomas and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you