william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

my dryer will not start. Timer and fuse and door switch checked

my dryer will not start. Timer and fuse and door switch checked with ohm meter and all work. Outlet is working. What needs to be checked next?
What was the reading that you got fron the thermal fuse?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
checked to see if it was closed and it is. reading is 3.7vac
Do this for me please this is just a test. Take the 2 wires off the thermal fuse and tape them together and try it please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Try what? Did you mean start the dryer?
After you take the 2 wires off the thermal fuse and tape them together and try it please? Like i said this is only a test.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it works, does that mean we need to purchase a new fuse, can we get it at a Home Depot or someplace else? Also, what caused it to trip.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Oh no you have to get this either at appliance repair center or online. If you have a Sears near you you can order one there. At some point in time it gotten over heated thats all.

Next time you test this or a thermastat use OHMS Okay.

Press the accept button this is how im paid for either suggesting or helping you today. Thank-you.