Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a ge triton xl dishwasher. it appears to be leaking

I have a ge triton xl dishwasher. it appears to be leaking just where the main wash pump assembly goes up into the dishwasher itself. I can see a bit of the black sel protruding from the side of the opening and that appears to be where the water is coming from. How do I replace that main seal?
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have been all over the dishwasher, but I did not find a model number. Where should I look?

open the door and look just inside on the sticker
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
EDW4000G00BB
look at this picture and tell me about were it is leaking
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I would say that it is leaking around the round hole in #502. Is there a seal around that hole? It does not look like it from the picture.

then you will have to replace #505, part number WD18X10008 which cost about $20 but you will have to pull the unit from under the counter and remove the motor, pump and all the hoses, it is a quit a job and may be the best to get a service tech out to do it for you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the dishwasher out and I can handle most repair jobs, but in the picture I don't see any part #505. Am I missing something?
its the large rubber piece that the hoses and all connects to, it can clamps to remove it ,, you may try some sealer on the part and see if it doesnt stop the leak
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No. I don't think that it is leaking around the drain. The water is coming out from around where 455 goes up from the washer pump. It is NOT leaking where 455 connects , but from the side next to where 455 connects. Is there a seal in that area?

that is the pump connector, remove the motor, disconnect the connector and take down, use some 3M glue and put it back in place and let set up for a couple hours and put all back together
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the pump off, but how does the pump connector come off? I am guessing that it just turns, but it seems quite tightly in there.
it does just turn but the sealer may have it tight, you may have to get a new one but its only about $13 and the part number is XXXXX if you need it
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
#455 may actually be the problem. One side of the part is discolored almost like it is rusted. Does that sound normal?
yes ,, it has a spit in it ,, just buy a new one and install it, sealing it will not work ... you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you