Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my frig is not getting cold .i need to no what is common paryt

my frig is not getting cold .i need to no what is common paryt to change to get compresser to kick in.i found part no.241508001 and it looks like it controls everything the frig is only a 2006

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor relay? about every two to three minutes? pull the refrigerator away from the wall and listen.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no clicking or buzzing
do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
ok, on the side of the compressor you will see the relay, it will look like this, take your meter and check for voltage to this. you should get 120 volts. if so you need to replace it, let me know . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i unpluged it and it has 120 voltzs pluged back in and commpressor came on should i wait to see if it gets cold
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i unpluged it and it has 120 voltzs pluged back in and commpressor came on should i wait to see if it gets cold what next
you can but I think you will need the relay, these get hot and cant start the compressor, this is only $22.60 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/1191539?modelNumber=FRS6LR5EM8 i would let it run and see if it gets cold, just keep checking the compressor and make sure it stays running, these relays go all the time, also make sure the fan next to the compressor is running, thanks Bryan