Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Bosch WFK 2401 that I am trying to reattach the large

I have a Bosch WFK 2401 that I am trying to reattach the large single spring on the one side. I have removed the back and can see where everything attaches, but I cannot get enough leverage to stretch the spring enough to get it back in the hole on the drum assembly. I see references here to removing the top and I tried that by taking out the two screws on the back but it is still attached some how on the front. It might just need to be pried on to get it to release and I tried that but it doesn't seem to want to move and I don't want to bend or break anything if the is some trick to removeing the top or reattaching the spring.

Thanks

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you tell me which spring it is on this diagram?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is the #8 spring. The single one on the top right of the drum assembly.

Blair

ok you have the top and bottom open? the best way is to release the two shocks and lift the tub. then put the shocks back on. these are real tight. what happened to the spring ? did it fall off or break?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan,

I have the back off of the machine only. I tried to remove the top by removing the two screws on the back but there is something still holding the front. I tried to pry the front, but it appears to be attached by something, whether the top has to be slid forwards or backward to unclip I don't know. The bottom appears to be rivetted on. The original spring broke and I am trying to install a new one.

Thanks,

Blair

I dont see any clips holding the top to the front, does this slide under the front panel? have you tried pulling the top back,? this may have slots it slides into. I cant tell by the diagram,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the #12 on that diagram? that is about the area that the top appears to be fastened.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan,

The caps popped out and there were two screws on the side that held the top in place. Once the top was removed there was an additional piece of sheet metal underneath. I removed that and was able to get the spring back in place.

Thanks,

Blair