Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My daughter,s Neptune washer is about 5yrs old. She noted…

Customer Question
My daughter,s Neptune washer is...
My daughter,s Neptune washer is about 5yrs old. She noted that it sounded unusally loud in some cycles as well as it did not wrinse. She unpluged it to reset it but that didn't help. She called a local repair guy who came to her home. He diagnosed a clutch problem and said he needed to order parts--that was nearly 3 weeks ago. He was contacted last week and he said not all parts have arrived yet. Altho some parts may be still under warenty he said the repair parts will be around $380. Is she getting the run around and taken for an overcharge? Thanks-Dad
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/8/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get me the full model #? open the door and it should be inside on a tag. thanks Bryan

Thank you Bryan: Mod. FAV6800AWW Ser.# XXXXX This is for order #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
ok give me a chance to look this model up. thanks Bryan
ok the clutch assembly for this runs around $160.00 Main Product ViewI'm not sure what other parts he's talking about but the clutch is # XXXXX on this diagram, it just bolts up on the bottom of the transmission shaft. seems like a lot of money he's asking to do this, and this is in stock everywhere so i don't understand why he's telling you it hasn't come in yet, this should take 1-2 days to receive, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks Bryan-The diagram you sent is small and even by magnifying I can't read the numbers. Please enlarge or put a check mark by #5. I presume it is under the tub and it has to come out inorder to replace the cluch. Is it unusual for the clutch to go?

the cluthces do go on these, depending on how much laundry you do and how large a load, the best I can do on the diagram is give you the link. you can enlarge it there,

link

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-FAV6800AWW/3048/0153200/M0602242/00005?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=FAV6800AWW thanks Bryan