Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE Dryer Model# DBSR453EBOWW just stopped doing anything

My GE Dryer Model# XXXXX just stopped doing anything after my wife stopped it by opening the door and then tried to restart it. We have tried starting it in different modes and I reset the panel breaker but this did not work. What can I do to troubleshoot theproblem? I can probably fix it myself it if someone can help me diagnose the problem.

Thanks, XXXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you reach inside and spin the drum by hand? Does it spin really easy like the belt may be broken? These have a belt switch in them and if the belt breaks the dryer will not start.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I spun the drum and it feels like the belt is still in place. I spun it two rotations and it required the same amount of force all the way around (about 10 to 20 lbs of force).
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay most likely the belt is still intact then. You need to replace the high limit thermostat,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
it's also called the safety the the is number 507 on this diagram,

Register Here
it's located on the side of the heater can behind the drum, you can order this@ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/276438?modelNumber=DBSR453EB0WW thanks and well wishes, Bryan