Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My sons Kitchen aid refrigerator comes with a filter for the

Customer Question
water dispenser. At sometime...
My sons Kitchen aid refrigerator comes with a filter for the water dispenser. At sometime the filter and its holder was removed. We have bought a new filter but do not understand how to install and hook up the hoses so that his family can use this feature. Mod KSRD22FKSS15. I sure hope that you can help. Thanks. XXXXX [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/5/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this is the filter housing,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
correct?

Yes
Yes, does it just slide in the base of the appliance or are we missing bolts, screws or other faseners
Well it slides in underneath in the front just below the freezer compartment but there are screws that hold it, there are two hoses plastic water lines I should say one is bigger than the other, those two connected together right now to bypass the filter? Or are they just hanging there and the water is off?
Yes, the hoses were connected together. One I believe had a blue tip and the other a red tip. Sorry, but the refregerator is at my sons house and I'm working on memory.
Okay the hose are connected together with what's called a quick connect, to release the two hoses pushed the blue ring in and pull the line out, then do the same on the other side of the connector, two install them on the filter they just push in, just slide them in the the filter connectors and then make sure there and tight by pulling back on the lines in they should be locked in, then slide the filter assembly in and there are probably two screws still in the front of the refrigerator where the filter lines up they may be missing however you can use screws that are long enough and will screw into those holes, you should also be a handle the goes on the and of the new filter, it slides on the and of the filter so you can turn easier, slide the filter in all the way and turn it clockwise until it locks into place, that's it, not a very difficult job to do, here's the diagram if that helps,

Register Here
thanks and well wishes, Bryan
How do I print the picture that goes along with your explanation. I only can print the upper left hand protion of the picture. Also, if the screw is missing to secure the holder, is it still posible to just insert the holder in the refregerator without the screw?

Here's the complete link so you can download and print it yourself.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kitchenaid-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-KSRD22FKSS15/0593/0165000/W0503095/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=KSRD22FKSS15

it's it's a good idea to put screws in it to hold if you can because as you call the water this will sometimes vibrate or move because of the water pressure all off a sudden going through it in this may eventually cause the plastic line to wear and possibly leak or break,

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks. I hope that your help will do the trick, it it does it was worth the money. Thanks again Steve Carlson. [email protected]
You welcome Steve, if you have any other trouble I will be on and off all weekend, mostly on though and I'm here most of the week also, so the have any further questions don't hesitate to come back and ask, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician