Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

Hi there, I have a Sinkmaster, Bonecrusher 950 3/4hp (its

Hi there, I have a Sinkmaster, Bonecrusher 950 3/4hp (it's at least 12 years old) and it has suddenly stopped working. At first it word hum but now when I turn it on there is no sound. Have totally cleaned out the drain and there doesn't seem to be anything inhibiting the blades. Not sure what to do next, any advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.

Craig :

On the very bottom , in the center is a reset button, Press firmly to reset. Try that

Craig :

Make sure a circuit breaker has not tripped at the panel too

Customer:

Hi, I hit the reset button and now the disposal hums again but still no movement of the blades.

Craig :

There is an allen screw that requires an 'allen wrench to turn. Put the all wrench into the center bolt head and turn it back and forth to free the stuck shaft of the motor. Work it back and forth

Craig :

This will free the unit it's seized up by something. Work back and forth with the allen wrench

Customer:

Okay, we'll give that a go. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you know if that works.

Craig :

right near the reset button, in the center of the shaft of the unit

Craig :

work it back and forth to free it

Craig :

Did you get it free? Let me know how to proceed or press accept please. Craig