Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a TAPPAN GAS RANGE with electronic ignition model 30493223

Customer Question

I have a TAPPAN GAS RANGE with electronic ignition model 30493223 and it is 18 years old.
I have a problem with the oven. Once I have set baking temperature, even after it has reached that and the baking ON light goes off, the GAS DOES NOT SHUT OFF and the baking item is ruin.
Please advise how to fix.
Steve
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your oven..From what you are explaining Sounds like the ovens sensor #37 is faulty..You can first test it with a meter..At room temperature it should read between 1000-1100 ohms..I would start there first

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
.
.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I measured the R across the sensor. It reads 1050 ohms. What is next? I have the range pulled out. Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am waiting for reply. Are you still there? steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
what do I do next? the sensor checked ok. I was waiting for another answer. Tne range is pulled out from the wall.
steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

I'm sorry master tech to be off-line, your sensor seems to be good you within the 1000 to 1100 ohm range, the only thing left in this kind of oven causes issue would be the control itself,

Register Here
the relay for bake is sticking,

Register Here
you would need to replace the control to fix this issue, the control is $213.25, if you wish to order it here is the link, just press the blue link below,

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Circuit-Board-or-Timer/638161?modelNumber=30-4932-23-01 thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am going to click the ACCEPT ANSWER button because I also think it is the board.

I cleaned the eight point connector on the board. It appears to solve the problem. The pins appear to be made of Aluninum poor connection..The service data sheet shows that failure may occur due to poor connection in the eight point connector. I f not I am going to buy new stove. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
There is also a spray you get it Lowe's called HQ contact cleaner, you can take the pin connector off again being careful of course and spray the connector down real good, a lot of times these connectors get dirty and don't sense the sensor correctly, this may also help, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

For future use how do I get a password? and how do I get you to Email me reply?

I am new at this Justanswer. com.

I have tried the oven three times and so far it is working.

I assume you got paid.

steve

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes I did get paid thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this link and you can get back. I'm not sure how you retrieve your password XXXXX check your email and they should have sent your info to you I believe, thanks and well wishes Bryan