Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

My kitchenaid dishwasher ( model KUDP02CRBS2) has been broken

Customer Question

My kitchenaid dishwasher ( model KUDP02CRBS2) has been broken down since mid nov, the repairman has been here too many times to count. The circuit board, control panel and lock have all been replaced to no avail. The problem began when a bottle of wine was spilled on the counter above the dishwasher. It hasn't worked properly since then. Help! What is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.

Justin :

Hi there. When you say it hasn't worked properly, please be specific. Is it working at all OR what's the specific issue you're having?

Justin :

Your status is currently showing as offline. Since this is live chat, I'll change this to Q and A mode. Reply at your convenience. I shall be back online tomorrow evening.

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Reply here when you have time and I'll be with you as soon as I can. I do work M-F until around 5PM EST. When I return home, I log onto Just Answer to help people. Please be VERY specific with your responses so I can assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
At first it would run but not a full cycle, then it would run but the door would pop open and it would stop, then start again if you leaned against the door, now it doesn't run at all.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.

I see. Sorry I changed this to Q and A but your status was shown as offline. Open the door straight down all the way. Does the door appear to open more than 90 degrees? The fact the door pops open and that you need to lean on it suggests there may be a problem with your door hinges. Also, the door latch/ switch assembly might not be installed correctly. It's hard to say about that though but you said it was replaced. One other thing is that the door may not be aligned properly side to side. If you open the door, place a sharpie mark dead center of the top of the door liner. Close the door slowly and ensure the mark you made is dead center of the strike. If it's off more than a 1/4 inch either way, left or right, that's a problem.

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
It's 2:06 AM right now where I live. I need to retire to bed. Let's pick this up tomorrow. I work through the day and I shall be back on Just Answer sometime after 5PM EST.