Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE Triton Quiet Power III Dishwasher (GSD5620D01BB).

It works fine, however doesn't...
We have a GE Triton Quiet Power III Dishwasher (GSD5620D01BB). It works fine, however doesn't fully drain. Here's what I have done so far...

1. Unscrewed the two bolts on the filter and seen if there was anything blocking the drain - answer NO.

2. Tried to pull out the dishwasher to look at the hose that hooks up to the garbage disposal. Answer - I couldn't seem to get it to pull out - didn't want to pull too hard.

3. Put the drain back together again and started it up - Now it actually leaks out the bottom (this didn't happen before.

I am trying to fix this myself as money is tight. I could use some help! Thanks.
2/1/2011
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the reason it isnt draining fully is the drain check valve isnt shutting tightly,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
there is a screen along the back of the inside of the dish washer , remove screws # XXXXX on the diagram,(4) and its under there in the middle. unscrew the check valve counter closwise and replace it, I'm not sure which part you loosened so dont know where its leaking now but you need to retighten that , you can order the check valve @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Check-Valve/821081?modelNumber=GSD5620D01BB thanks Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for the response. When I look in our dishwasher I do not see that part. Where do I find the diagram you reference above?
I'm sorry I thought I included the diagram, it is right undernieth part # XXXXX on this diagram,

Register Here
Bryan,

Thanks for the response. If you look at the posting above you will see that I can only see the edge of the diagram. Please give me a URL or something that will show the whole diagram.

Thanks

Tom
Bryan,

Thank you - that helps. I will see if I can buy this part locally and let you know if the assessment was successful.
Absolutely no problem, does it look chewed up the rubber part? If you push is running up does it close tightly the rubber against the plastic part? If it looks chewed up or worn out that's your problem trust me we do a lot of these, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan,

I think that was it! I bought and installed the part you mentioned and it seemed to drain better. To your point the old part was pretty battered. Thanks!

The only bummer is my dishwasher is still leaking. I know it is not your job to answer this question, however if you have any ideas, please let me know...

The parts I pulled out (mentioned above) we 508 and 509 on the diagram you sent me (in addition to the strainer that screws on top of it). I checked the diagram and they were put back in correctly.

In trying to pull out the diswasher is there something I might have done to make it leak?

Is there something I might check?

Thanks for any insight Bryan. Your help was much appreciated. If you need more $$ to help me with this issue I'm open. Normally I would just call a plumber, however as you might imagine money is tight and I'm trying to do this myself.

Tom [email protected]

Thanks Man!
Well number 508 and number 509 shouldn't make it leak if you remove them, these are just screens for the sump assembly, you remove the rubber on the tub itself did you? You may have pull something loose trying to pull machine out but that's unlikely also, should drain hose was caught on something and cracked or has a hole in it, can you see exactly where it's coming from?
Bryan,

I did not remove the rubber on the tub.

-Is there a way to pull out the dishwasher and look at where it is leaking?

-Typically, does one need to unhook something (maybe a screw) to pull out the dishwasher?

-Would you suggest I try to figure it out or just break down and call a plumber?

Thanks Bryan
If you open the door and look up there should be two screws holding this to the countertop, also you have to make sure your line(water) is shut off and taken off the valve, to do this you need to remove the bottom panel under the door there are screws for that, then make sure your wiring is long enough to slide it out and you drain hose is long enough, if you didn't remove the rubber part on the tub hundred know what's going on where it's leaking, a plumber though may not be able to find the leak in this unless it's in the water line or the drain if it's in the machine itself they don't usually work on them they will tell you to call and appliance tech, I really wish I could tell you more I just can't without knowing exactly where the water is coming from, thanks, Bryan
Thanks Bryan - I'll check this out tonight.
ok, well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician