Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

When I originally asked about the Magic Chef electric cooktop

Customer Question
unit I did not give...
When I originally asked about the Magic Chef electric cooktop unit I did not give you the model and serial numbers…..I have since gotten them from the bottom part of my unit …..

Model.- G88E-1

Serial.- 1AL610002266

The measurements .- The top measures 30” x 21” and the bottom which drops into the counter opening measures 25 ½” x 19”.

Once more, what I am looking for is an identical unit to replace this one……If not available, then I would like to send the existing unit to a shop where it can be restored in the area of the heating plates because the metallic rings around the heat plates have holes …..
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
2/2/2011
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

The only part that is available is the trim ring for the 6 inch burners, the 8 inch trim rings are no longer available.

You will not find an identical unit like this anymore, they do no meet energy requirements by the government.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician