Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have an older Kenmore self cleaning oven. When I try to close

I have an older Kenmore self cleaning oven. When I try to close the latch to lock the oven door it buzzes?
I've checked all fuses, O.K. and also reset the breaker. Any ideas?
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your oven..That is because the latch maybe possible locked with the door open.Or the latch is not retracted completely..Try to restart the self clean ...Once it starts cancel the clean..Make sure the latch goes back into the stove.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The latch is working fine. Whne I try to close the latch it's making contact with something in top, front edge of the stove and causing the buzzing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so that right there tells me the latch is no retracted completely.
I see you left some neutral feedback.. And suggested it might be a relay..Is the buzzing coming from the door area or the control board area ..? If so there are no relays at the door area..There is a door lock motor which would make a buzzing sound if possible the door is not lining up with the latch itself or the latch is binding.