How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 79487
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

maytag mod #mah2400aww

Customer Question

maytag mod #mah2400aww
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

when filling with water.code come up.

sub and keeps filling all the way.

also when not in use,water comes in any way.and we must turn off water from valve

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok so this is going to be the exact same problem. You're electronic water valve isn't sealing off so too much water is getting in the tub and giving you the error. Turn off the hot water valve at your house behind the washer and see if it keeps filling up over time. If so, then replace the cold water valve, otherwise you need to replace the hot water valve. These valves are the part on the back of your washer that your fill hoses connect to directly. Below is a link to where you can order them at. It appears to be the cheapest location you can get the part. It's very easy to replace yourself, just unplug the washer and turn the water off at the house. Unscrew the fill hoses from the back of the washer and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Then the top panel will pull back, up, and off so that you have access to the valve through the top of the washer.