Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

the water dispenser on my kenmore coldspot is not working .

Customer Question

the water dispenser on my kenmore coldspot is not working . I push the switch all the happens is a low humming noise. the ice maker works llike a champ and there are no leaks as i have pulled it out from wall to make sure. what is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Hello name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Please look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
106.50032001
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you that helped a lot.

Look in the fresh food section behind the drawers and you will find your reservoir. Squeeze that a little and see if it is frozen.

If that is not the problem please do not click accept. Just let me know and we will most certainly move on to the next step.

Barry

RESERVOIR
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic

Edited by Barry G on 1/14/2011 at 6:54 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

how do i unfreeze it?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you,

You can use a hair dryer but keep it moving. Do not heat just one place. That way the plastic on the wall does not get over heated. The tubing will be fine, you cannot overheat that. Its the plastic walls (if your wall is plastic) that you have to watch.

I will be here 10 hours more so please if you have any question about anything please ask.

Barry

Edited by Barry G on 1/14/2011 at 7:07 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the great info i will be sure to tell everone i know about this web site
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
You are most welcome. Have a great weekend.

Barry