How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 3 yr old GE ZVC36LSS hood. It has one of those remote

Resolved Question:

I have a 3 yr old GE ZVC36LSS hood. It has one of those remote control panels hooked up by what looks like a phone cable. The control panel acts very erratically and unreliably. Won't turn on/off, etc. Tried switching the breaker on and off. Temperature doesn't seem to be a factor. Is there a part I can replace to fix?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


you would need to replace the switch assembly, (control) part # XXXXX on this diagram, the one thing you can try is get some H Q contact cleaner (Lowe's) and take the switch assembly apart and clean it real good, sometimes this works , if not you can get this @ link and the part # XXXXX XXXXX it comes in a kit, thanks Bryan

Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you