Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Mom has a S160 Jenn air range that was purchased approximately

My Mom has a S160 Jenn air range that was purchased approximately 1990. The digital clock on the front is not working at all, nothing shows on it. I turned the two knobs to the clean setting on Saturday and let it clean for approximately2.5 hours. I turned it off because I was afraid that it was not going to manually turn off because the timer is not working. Now the door lock will not open. We tried turning the breaker off for 20 minutes. It still will not open. Is there a way to open it without a service call? If not, is it worth having someone come out? Thanks Ann
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

There is a couple of things you need to take into consideration before deciding on whether or not to have this looked at, 1 the parts or at least a lot of the parts for this are no longer available so depending on what your problem is this may not be repairable the matter comes out, the clock is no longer available what you said is out, and the door lock solenoid is no longer available which is most likely the problem with the door not unlocking, I would seriously think about replacing this at this point, these are very difficult to work on also so you would need somebody to come out if you decided to try to get this open, I wish I had better news but unfortunately this being over 20 years old the parts are no longer available, hope this saves you some time and aggravation, thanks, Bryan

Edited by Bryan on 1/10/2011 at 7:20 PM EST