Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my refrigerator has sediment in the ice bucket

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

How do You mean sediment? What kind of sediment?

I don't know how to explain it. I thought it might be some rust or grit from the water line. Usually find it in the back corner of the ice bin under where a line comes in.
does it look like Teflon? little chips?
I could go with that. Small offwhite chips
Okay, it's part of the ice maker itself, they use like a Teflon coating summer off-white colored in the part that the is made in, this stuff comes off after so many years of use can go down into your ice bin. In most cases it's easier to replace the ice maker then to change parts in the ice maker itself is almost as cheap as replace in the parts, if you get me a model number I will check your ice maker, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician