Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Neptune has a flashing start/pause light, and everytime

My Maytag Neptune has a flashing start/pause light, and everytime I press the button it just beeps twice. Nothing happens. What do I need to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Did this happen all of a sudden? Is there water in it now? Do you have the full model number?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been having this problem for a while, but I normally turn the washer off and then back on again. And it starts to work. I have no water in the washer. The full model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay, so it just flashes and won't start when you set it correct? You don't hear the door lock in it just does nothing but beep at you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is correct.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay have you seen any fault codes come up on this at all? Do you think you could put this in diagnostic mode? If I told you how to do it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I can.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay, press and hold the delicates and heavy soil buttons at the same time for 3 seconds this should put this in service mode, let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is in service mode
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay great job, when a problem with the wash system is detected a diagnostic code is assigned and logged into the control board memory with the last cycle count which it occurred, press press the pre-soak key "d" will be displayed and the presoak LED will illuminate, the diagnostic codes can be viewed by using the arrow keys the down arrow will go down the list the first time the error was pushed the newest code is displayed can you tell me what that code is?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pressed the pre-soak key, and the washer just beeps twice and nothing happens.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
This is still in diagnostic mode right? So when you press the presoak key node d shows up in the window?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it just beeps three times.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
That's not good, this means a control board is bad, it will need to be replaced, I was hoping to give you better news but unfortunately it won't show the codes or do anything when you press it and the board is bad itself, this is very expensive at $236.15, you may want to call the service to be absolutely sure, you did a great job but there's nowhere else to go at this point, sorry, thanks, Bryan