How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Your Own Question
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 559
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Tappan Centennial Range that we purchased about twenty-five

Resolved Question:

I have a Tappan Centennial Range that we purchased about twenty-five years ago. It is the kind that has a microwave oven on top. The handle for the microwave just came off in my hand. It looks like it could be glued on but I'm not sure. Does this mean that I have to get a whole new unit, i.e. stove and microwave? What do you suggest. I can't find the papers that came with this unit, with the exception of "Installation Instructions - Gas self-clean oven with Microwave Upper Oven". Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. B. Mc Gee
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.


They do not make the handle for your microwave any longer. You can try epoxy. You can also try contacting used appliance stores in your area to see if the have a used handle.


You may send additional questions directly to me.


Please push the green accept button.


Thank you,



Peter and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you