Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Front-load washer model WFW9150WW00 bought 14 months ago. Has…

Customer Question
Front-load washer model WFW9150WW00 bought...
Front-load washer model WFW9150WW00 bought 14 months ago. Has worked flawlessly until last night. Stopped working mid-cycle. Gave fault code F9E1. Followed procedures in Use & Care Guide. Can't get any functions to work. Tried normal cycles and Rinse & Drain cycle, the door looks but nothing else moves. Removed all clothes, same results. Checked drain line, no obstructions. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/2/2011
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 7 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you using HE High Efficiency detergent
yes, in proper (small) amounts.
This error code indicates that drain times are longer than expected.
remove the lower front panel and unscrew the filter from the pump and clean it out, unplug for 30 minutes and then it should reset and be fine ,, thanks
I cleaned the filter - some lint, a dime and a penny. It was what I thought to be just barely to have possibly caused the problem. Reinstalled filter. Ran the Rinse/Drain & Spin cycle and all seemed fine except the drain cycle didn't function at all. I turned the power off, unplugged for a few seconds, re-plugged, then tried the Rinse/Drain & Spin cycle and all I get is the door locking, then nothing. I then tried to drain the washer manually as per the Use & Care Guide and again just got the door locking, then nothing. Suggestions.
when it shows locking does the door lock?
Yes.
if you press cancel does it unlock or will it unlock by itself
It does not unlock by itself. When I press Pause (Cancel) it unlocks and I can open the door and see that there is still water inside.
does your drain hose fit real tight in the drain pipe behind the washer?
No. But I had been running the drain hose to an external filter (Filtrol 160), which then gravity drained to the wall drain and on to the septic system. http://www.septicsolutions.net/store/Filtrol160.htm

Since last night when the problem started, I disconnected the external filter so that now the drain hose from the washer to the wall hangs loosely in the wall pipe,
the problem is that the water cant get out fast enought ,, here is a page to look at that will help

http://whirlpool.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3807

Iread the page and checked my hoses. All hoses, with and without the external filter are and have been within the requirements listed on the whirlpool web site. I drained the water again through the filter/pump trap at the bottom of the washer. I then ran the manually drain cyle and all woked fine except the drain. It seems the drain pump is not working at all. Is ther a circuit breaker or overheat switch associated with just the drain pump?
no circuit breaker for it ,, it does sound like you will have to replace the pump and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number
Appliance Tech Larry