S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance
23707800

I have an old old Kenmore Range model # 143-660670 and need

I have an old old Kenmore Range model #NNN-NN-NNNNand need to replace the bake element. Can I find it or a substitute? It measures about 16X17. Help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. i think i found a replacement for this part. the factory part number was 4055. www.appliancepartspros.com crosses it over to part number ap4629761. it says that it requires special attention. you would have to call them and check. Even if this one is not available they can most likely get you something that will work. Also if you have a local appliance parts dealer in your home area you can simply take the old element in to them and they can match it up for you.

Customer :

So you think it will be easy to replace?

S.E.Thomas :

The main thing you want to do is unplug the unit or turn the breaker off. then just remove the 2 screws, slide it out, and remove the wires.

S.E.Thomas :

there is power to this element at all times even when the oven is off so make sure to disconnect the power!!!

Customer :

I have already done that. I live a long way from a city and end up doing alot myself

S.E.Thomas :

Then all you need to do is reconnect the wires, replace the screws and turn the power back on. the new element may have an odor and light smoke when first turned on as there will be a small amount of oil on it. this is normal.

Customer :

Thank you for your answer.

S.E.Thomas :

you are quite welcome. please do not forget to accept. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!