Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Good Morning, I have a 5 yr old Whirlpool washing machine

Good Morning,

I have a 5 yr old Whirlpool washing machine that has ceased working.
The power works because the water pours in on the water level cycle, but does not work past that. the Part# XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Can you help by giving me any ideas of what the problem could be.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker by the hinges and can be seen if you lift the lid up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes is have that...model LSQ9110PW4
OK perfect. On this model the only thing that would cause the unit to fill but do nothing else is the lid switch. Your lid switch doesn't think that your lid is shut so it won't advance the cycle to anything but filling for safety reasons. The lid switch is located under the control console in the back left corner. There is a metal bar that comes off the left door hinge that hits the switch to tell the machine the lid is shut. Sometimes this bar bend and needs to be bent "UP" slightly so that it contacts the switch better. If that doesn't seem to fix the problem, you'll need to replace the lid switch assembly because it's just bad. Below is a link to the lid switch assembly as well as a video to show you how to take your control console and outer shell of the washer off to access the lid hinge if you wanted to do this yourself.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you be available as I check this out and be back in a few minutes? thanks
yes, I'll be around for awhile.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Problem fixed! Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your service and you answer!

Happy New Years to you and me!

awesome, you have a great holiday as well.