Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

already talked to someone else!! told me my board was bad on

Customer Question
my amana fridge ABB2524DEB!! replaced...
already talked to someone else!! told me my board was bad on my amana fridge ABB2524DEB!! replaced it!!! still no air blowing in freezer or fridge compartments!! anymore ideas??
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/1/2011
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today.
I have no idea who you may have talked to, however the most common problem with this model is the fan motor in the freezer, as a matter of fact I just had to install a new one in a customers freezer yesterday, the part number is XXXXX for the fan motor, You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

graphic

what is this?

Can you hear the fan motor running inside the freezer compartment? Also what is showing on the display inside the fridge section?
yes fan runs i have the settings on 5 and 5 right now! with the new board i did the progarming of the board like it says and all that
SO you have air blowing inside the freezer now but no cold air down there?
i have no air blowing inside either compartments
You said the fan was running then you say there is no air blowing? Is there frost on the back wall of the freezer?

i dont see any

Is the back wall of the freezer cold?
no
do you hear a clicking or humming noise every so often coming from the back of the unit?
yes
That is the overload on the compressor, you will need to see which compressor you have on the back of the unit, if there is a blue Indian picture on it or if it says EMBARCO. Let me know.

blue indian

You have a bad compressor then, if the unit is over 5 years old then you will be looking at over $500 to have it replaced. this will require a tech to do the installation as the refrigerant has to be recovered. Amana had a lot of problems with these compressors, I have changed over 100 of these of the last 2 years.

ok i dont know about $500 already have the part lined up but ok thanks

Labor for this repair is over $200 for someone to install it.
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician