gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I have a Whirlpool WF255 Refrigerator, and lately it has started

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool WF255 Refrigerator, and lately it has started leaking. The water seems to be coming from behind a panel on the back wall inside the fridge compartment, near the top. Should I call out customer service or is there some maintenance I can do myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 6 years ago.

gst85 :

hey there

JACUSTOMER-91hx2ixp- :

Hello. Do you have any advice for me?

gst85 :

it may be leaking from the drip pan

Customer :

Can you tell me where the drip pan is located and how I go about fixcing this?

Customer :

Also do you know where I would locate the drianage outlet?

gst85 :

okay the drain hose should be in the lower back of the frig ,by the compressor compartment

gst85 :

your drip pan may be under the frig at the front

Customer :

The leak is coming from inside the fridge, around the section between the fridge and freezer compartments, two thirds up. It seems the water from the process of self defrosting is not draining in the way it should. I am still not sure from the information you have provided how I can go about fixing this.