Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

A bathroom rug with a rubber backing was put into the washer.

The water did not drain...
A bathroom rug with a rubber backing was put into the washer. The water did not drain and the washer displayed an e13 code. I opened the pump area and cleaned out small pieces of rubber clumped together. I tried to get out what I could coming in the pump area, but could only reach a little way. Now when I try to use the machine an E17 code comes up. Water is not draining. What needs to be done?
12/29/2010
master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician

master appliance tech :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with your problem today. Lets get started.

master appliance tech :

there is a filter that ne3eds to be cleaned

master appliance tech :

is there a round cover on the front lower right ?

looked like you were having problems what the chat lets try this way
yes. I removed the cover and took out as much stuff as I could.
when it is in drain do you hear any sounds?
Not particularly.
so not a sound? not even a hum?
there is a hum
ok you have more junk in the pump. try cleaning it out again but this time there is a hole off th the side try to get your finger in there and turn the drain pump motor.
will try. cleaned out as far as I could - about 3 -4 inches into the side. e17 still comes up.
blow back wards in the train line you have a plugged drain line. it is up yo you to find out where it is from the tub to the outlet. i am not there this takes hands and eyes do find.
I disconnected the rubber tube going into the pump. I was able to get to the clog and water then drained from the rubber tube. I reconnected the rubber tube and tried the washer, but I still am getting the e17 code.
has the unit been unpluged? is there any water in the unit and when do you get the code
I did unplug the washer and then tried again. I put some water in the unit. The water reaches the pump. When I start the washer the pump sounds and then the code comes on after about 15 seconds from the time I start.
you might have plugged the water pressure line take the top off and look for a small hose that goes to the control or around the control take it off and blow through it.
There was a small hose that goes into the pump area. The end had a plastic plug that had a 6 inch plastic wire that went into the small hose. I blew into the hose and it is clear to the pump area. I still get the e 17 code when I try to start a wash cycle.
thats not in the top of the washer
I took off the top and found that small hose. I took it off and blew in it. It seemed clear. I still get the same problem. No water starts to go into the washer. E17 comes on about 10 seconds after I try to start a wash.
did you turn the water off? or do you have flood safe hoses?

This appliance should have a solid base on it so no water should leak onto the floor.

Unplug the appliance, pull it out and take the rear cover off.

Use a sponge to take the water out of the base, if there is no water in the base, check the polystyrene float isn't lifted and activating the switch.

You may also have to turn the water off and disconnect the aquastop to allow it to reset.

Let me know what you find and how you get on.

I did not turn the water off. I don't know what kind of hoses. they are flexible mesh hoses.

don't know if that went through

master appliance tech
it did. my husband is working on it.
ok
There was a little water on the bottom of the machine. I dried it out and then the washer would put in water. I did a drain and spin and it seemed to work. Thus, it seems to be fixed.
All right good to hear glade you got it
Thanks again.
master appliance tech
master appliance tech