How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE electric cooktop model JP939 which the main burner

Customer Question

I have a GE electric cooktop model JP939 which the main burner was receiving an error code of F 153, which appears to be the heating element. I have the replacement part but would like to get the instruction sheet for calibrating the unit once the element is replaced.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.


you are correct about the part. it is the burner, does it say it needs to be calibrated? I dent believe you need to calibrate this.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, thanks for the reply....When I viewed the part online the website (applicance showed a picture of a calibration sheet with some instructions on it. I assumed that would come with the part but it didn't. That's what led me to believe it had to be calibrated.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yeah I see that on this one, I will opt out and someone else may be able to help, i need to go out and wont be back until later, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does anyone know if I need to calibrate the cooktop (or heating element once replaced)?