Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

The pilot light in my kozy heat fireplace went out and I can

The pilot light in my kozy heat fireplace went out and I can get it to re-light. What to do?

Craig :

Turn the knob to 'Pilot' Then press adnd hold knob. Press igniter button and continue to hold down button on valve

Craig :

Let thermocouple heat for 30 seconds then let go of button. Should stay lit now.

Customer :

Now have pilot light on, however, cannot go back to normal setting without light going out. I hav a pilot light but stove doesn't turn on and has no flame other than pilot light.

Customer :

Sorry but still have no heat, only pilot light. The filament looks red but doesn't stay lit when switching back to normal.

Craig :

The thermocouple is probably failed. Is it directly in the pilot flame? Make sure it's tight where it screws to the gas valve too

Customer :

I've heard back from the place that sold me the stove and they have come up with the same diagnosis independently of your answer so I will accept the charge. Thanks and Merry Christmas.