gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

Hi, I have a side by side Defy fridge freezer and the freezer

Customer Question

I have a side by side Defy fridge freezer and the freezer section is giving problems.
The top three drawers are not freezing anything and are just cool. The fast freeze orange light trips once pushed on after a minute or so. There is a tick type sound I think coming from the back of the fridge freezer. The bottom of the freezer seems to still be cold enough. The fridge is working perfectly. We bought the unit 6/7 years ago. What should I check and or change?

regards
Grahame
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 6 years ago.

gst85 :

hi there

JACUSTOMER-f9v6tsa0- :

I am online now.

JACUSTOMER-f9v6tsa0- :

I am not always at computer but am waiting a response to the question and will check my e-mail at least once a day.

gst85 :

can you see ay ice build up in the freezer wall

JACUSTOMER-f9v6tsa0- :

On the bottom there is a bit but not bad

JACUSTOMER-f9v6tsa0- :

No build up of ice, A bit on the back wall of the freezer at the bottom two baskets but not significant at all.

gst85 :

ok that frost that you see is the going to be a defrost issue