Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE - Triton Tri-clean Quite PwrIII GSD5320D02BB that

Customer Question

I have a GE - Triton Tri-clean Quite PwrIII GSD5320D02BB that is not draining but everything else seems to be working. How can I fix this problem?

thank you,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You need to replace the drain check valve in this,the the rubber seal has one worn and doesn't close in the drain cycle so the water me circulates back into the dish washer and doesn't drain, this is a pretty easy job there is a screen that goes across the back of the inside of the dishwasher there up four 1/4 inch screws holding the screen removed them and unscrew the check valve in the center back, it unscrews counterclockwise, replace this and it will work fine, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Check-Valve/821081?modelNumber=GSD5320D02BB for $15.85, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan,

I purchased the part and just received the part and put it in and it did not fix the problem. Do you have another solution?

thank you,

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Can you remove the drain hose from the sink? Also when this gets to drain to you hear a loud clack noise? If you can remove the hose from under the sink and put it in a bucket and then put the machine in drain does the water come out at all?