Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Have a GE Artica PSS25SGMD - Water is going to freezer door

Have a GE Artica PSS25SGMD - Water is going to freezer door (disconnected fitting at bottom - water dispensed into a pan when pressing handle in door)), but is not dispensing in door when connected. Ice dispenser works fine.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay the water line inside the door is frozen, the couple ways to handle this, one take a hair dryer and defrost the door until the water runs free, this is a pretty common problem kind of bad design, two you would need to leave the freezer door open for an extended amount of time to defrost the water line there is really nothing between the connector at the bottom of the door were you disconnected it and where the water comes out of the top but a tube, it's one straight to from there up the second option would mean you would have to take your food somewhere while you do this it could take up to 24 hours, one of the solutions will solve your problem, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I get access to the water line in the door if I choose to use the hair dryer?
While you can't access the water line itself what you need to do is open the door fully in one the inside of the door liner and also take the hairdryer and they set up inside the dispenser assembly warming that area up also, this may take some time so be patient, it's a pain in the neck to be honest but it's what's wrong with your refrigerator water dispensing unit, keep trying the water every now and then just don't hold that on the whole time we will burn out the water inlet valve, hope this helped, thanks and well wishes, Bryan