Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My kenmore top load 90 series / model

Customer Question
My kenmore top load 90 series / model
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2010
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
what is this not doing?

Everything on the washer appears to work fine, however when it comes to the spin cycle it is very loud and when it completes the cycle the tub makes a even louder noise and appears to freewheel, before it comes to a stop.

ok if you lift the lid can get me the model # XXXXX the back, in the middle?

Model #110.26901692

Also there is a video on the you tube site depicting exactly what my washer is doing, maybe if you watch the video it will help you to determine my problem.

when you reach in and turn the tub is it loose? can you get me the link to the you tube video? there are a lot of them on there.
I believe your spanner nut that holds the tub is loose click this link to see a video on that, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spanner-Nut/3324 thanks Bryan
Do I just try and tighten this nut, or will I need to purchse a new one?
well usually they just get loose, you will need a spanner wrench to tighten this though, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spanner-Wrench/1021707 for $13.45, thanks Bryan
I disassembled the agitator assmbly , and can see the spanner nut = but it seems to be tight?
oak, move the tub back and forth, does is t move, sorta like tilting it back and forth?
yes, it moves back and forth

yes, it moves back and forth

when you pick up on the sides of the tube there is s slight up / down movement.

ok, you need to replace both the drive block and the spanner nut, thats the drive block, and it comes with a video also, click here, this is what connects the tub to the transmission shaft. thanks Bryan
I cant get the video.
Larry told me you were looking for me but I didn't get the message until after you pressed except for him, this means I didn't get paid for helping you, if you wish you can press except now for me and ask for a refund on the other question,, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician