Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

have a Ultra wash dishwasher, 655.17283402 ser# FS3902350 installed

have a Ultra wash dishwasher...
have a Ultra wash dishwasher, 655.17283402 ser# XXXXX installed 11-3-2005 and has had the pump/motor replaced approx 3 years ago. Wife says it is not cleaning well. I checked/cleaned the sump check valve and chopper assy area. It appears to be working properly. Also checked the heating coil - seems to be working. All cycles appear to be running normally (or at least we see nothing out of the ordinary). Any suggestions?
12/7/2010
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

how much water is in the bottom of the tub after this fills?

wife said it appears to be 'normal' but I am checking again. Unfortunetly we are eyeballing it and am not sure what normal is.

just try to see how much in inches.
approx 1/2 inch or so. The float is not fully extended
ok thats the reason its not cleaning, its either the float is sticking or your fill valve is bad and not opening fully to let enough water in for the allotted time, its a time fill and if it gets to much water the float shuts the valve down. you should have around two inches at least, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
checked the float valve and it appears to be low (not extended fully) so I think it should be ok. part number for the inlet valve? Is that something I can replace easily or does the washer need to come out?
you can replace the valve yourself, its not difficult, the part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN its right behind the access panel under the door, you can order this on line @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/961993 thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician