Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

we have an lg dryer that ran briefly without the filter, a

we have an lg dryer that ran briefly without the filter, a sock got caught in the fan, I disassembled the lint collection plastics, removed the sock, reassembled, checked the drum for normal rotation, everything is fine, except for the cooling light which has been on for about 3 hours now, I cycled the CB, no luck, any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The cooling lights means that the themperature thermistor shorted, likely from the sock jamming up the blower wheel so that it couldn't circulate the hot air. You'll need to order and replace the thermistor inside the dryer to fix the problem.