How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 80223
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series Model Number PLES389ECB.

This answer was rated:

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series Model Number PLES389ECB. I would like to know how to remove the control panel area were the surface control switches are mounted. I have to replace the Right Rear Element Switch. I have checked the web for factory manuals that may contain the information but found none as to where all the screws are for removing the panel.

I know there are four screws on the underside of the panel, but it seems that there is still more screws that may be holding the panel in place.

Do you have any ideas? or a diagram of the area in question... they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks, Kevin
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The top of the control panel is very easy to remove actually. Just unplug the oven first, then pull all the burner knobs off. There is a nut that goes around the shaft of each burner knob. Just unscrew all 4 knobs and the top of the control panel will pull up and off so that you can remove the metal control bracket below (which you will see all the screws that need to be removed) and then you can replace the surface switch that is faulty.
Tyler Z. and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you