applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

I found ice on the top of my LG dehumidifier this morning.

I found ice on the top of my LG dehumidifier this morning. I shut it off and let it thraw out but it still does not seem to be working correctly. Up to now, the unit has worked u
just fine

applianceguy :

Hi, how old is it? Is it getting ice on it now ?

Customer:

It is slightly less than one year old. At this moment no ice, but I don't know why it got ice in the first place

applianceguy :

There are vents that blow air out the back of the unit. Put hand over the vent, does the air feel warm?

Customer:

It feels cool, not cold. It also is NOT dehumidifying. No water in bucket

applianceguy :

You have a sealed system problem, most likely a leak. The unit is still under arranty and will need to be fixed by a service tech.

applianceguy :

Warranty.

Customer:

Then I had better rush it to the repair shop this week. Thank you

applianceguy :

You are welcome.